Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Paul Smith <Pa...@lawlex.com.au> on 2003/04/10 04:41:31 UTC

PatternLayout and PropertySet (was RE: Things to do )

> - Implement support for logging event properties in XMLLayout &
> PatternLayout, similar to the changes you made for MDC.

In reference to the above, I am modifying the DTD to allow a log4j:event to
have a log4j:propertySet element, which is a container of log4j:data values.
(Thanks to Scott Deboy for some XMLLayout code that he had, I'm just copying
that).

For the PatternLayout, everyone ok if %P{key} is the option ({key} would be
optional, if not defined, outputs all)?

cheers,

Paul