Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by F Campos Costero <fj...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/27 19:41:55 UTC

Getting Start Guide styles

Keith,
This is rather a long message but I don't want to trigger a formatting mess.

I started looking into the styles in my versions of the guide before
applying the new fonts and I want to confirm my understanding of the goal.
Looking at the styles arranged as Hierarchical in the Styles and Formatting
dialog:
OOoHeading and all of its children will be DejaVu Sans
OOoNumbering and all of its children will be DejaVu Serif
OOoTextBody and all of its children will be DejaVu Serif

There are few styles that inherit from Default: OOoCaution, OOoNote,
OOoTip, OOoHeading0. I suppose these should be DejaVuSerif except
OOoHeading0. I would probably just set Default to DejaVu Serif. OOoHeading0
is a special case that I will lump in with some others below.

This leaves a few styles that are orphans in the hierarchy:
OOoHeading1, OOoHeading2, OOoHeading3 (along with OOoHeading0), I hate
having styles named so similarly to OOoHeading 0 etc. They are currently
Bitstream Vera Sans except for OOoHeading0 that inherits from Default. I
would delete all of them.

OOoScenarioHeading is currently Liberation Sans. Set to DejaVu Sans.

OOoTableContents(Caption) is currently Arial. Set to DejaVu Sans.

OOoTableText(Caption) and its children are either Liberation Sans or
Bitstream Vera Sans. Set to DejaVu Sans.

If you agree with all of that, I will edit the styles of the master
document and hope that cascades down to the sub documents. The sub
documents list the master document as their template when I inspect them
internally, so I am hopeful that will work.

I may also search through the documents and replace any styles that are not
from the set of OOo custom styles.

Francis