Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2015/10/14 14:58:48 UTC

Thx and merit

The ASF is all about recognizing and rewarding merit. The whole
"Apache Way" started here, with this project, and httpd has always
been the sort of "guiding light" and example of how Apache projects
(should) work.

Inclusion of the HTTP/2 implementation for httpd, especially for
the 2.4.x branch, is a substantial feather in our cap. But we
would have been far behind the 8-ball if not for the funding by
the GSM Association on greenbytes GmbH's mod_h2 work, and for
the donation of that module to the ASF.

Once again, I'd like to thank them personally!

Re: Thx and merit

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
Indeed, +1!

With regards,
Daniel

On 10/14/2015, 2:58:48 PM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> wrote:
> The ASF is all about recognizing and rewarding merit. The whole
> "Apache Way" started here, with this project, and httpd has always
> been the sort of "guiding light" and example of how Apache projects
> (should) work.
>
> Inclusion of the HTTP/2 implementation for httpd, especially for
> the 2.4.x branch, is a substantial feather in our cap. But we
> would have been far behind the 8-ball if not for the funding by
> the GSM Association on greenbytes GmbH's mod_h2 work, and for
> the donation of that module to the ASF.
>
> Once again, I'd like to thank them personally!

------
Sent via Pony Mail for dev@httpd.apache.org.
View this email online at:
https://pony-poc.apache.org/list.html?dev@httpd.apache.org

Re: Thx and merit

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
> On Oct 14, 2015, at 10:02 AM, Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 08:58:48 -0400
> Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>

>> Once again, I'd like to thank them personally!
>
> +1 to all that, with one small addition.
>
> Apache is about the individuals who participate.  So the
> chief thanks go to Stefan, who is of course now one of us.

++1!

Re: Thx and merit

Posted by Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman <bu...@buanzo.com.ar>.
My profound respect and gratitude to all the individuals involved in
supporting, developing, testing and documenting h2.

With love and awe,
Buanzo.

Re: Thx and merit

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 10:02 AM, Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 08:58:48 -0400
> Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>

> > Once again, I'd like to thank them personally!
>
> +1 to all that, with one small addition.
>
> Apache is about the individuals who participate.  So the
> chief thanks go to Stefan, who is of course now one of us.
> And of course honourable mentions to other developers
> such as your good self.
>
> --
> Nick Kew

I almost hate to say this because I don't want to take anything away from
Stefan, but companies sponsoring work are essentially the people behind the
scenes that we never hear about who are open to or are in fact the driving
force for aligning business goals with development that can be shared with
everyone else, sometimes at the risk of having it blow up in their face if
somebody says the wrong thing or someone in the project can't separate
suspected motivation from assessment of utility.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/

Re: Thx and merit

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

Re: Thx and merit

Posted by Stefan Eissing <st...@greenbytes.de>.
Hi Istvan,

the module has been released as part of the httpd server in version 2.4.17 and can be downloaded from here: http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi

Best Regards,

  Stefan

Re: Thx and merit

Posted by Stefan Eissing <st...@greenbytes.de>.

Re: Thx and merit

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.
+1, thanks Stefan!

Re: Thx and merit

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 8:58 AM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:
> Inclusion of the HTTP/2 implementation for httpd, especially for
> the 2.4.x branch, is a substantial feather in our cap. But we
> would have been far behind the 8-ball if not for the funding by
> the GSM Association on greenbytes GmbH's mod_h2 work, and for
> the donation of that module to the ASF.

+1!

Re: Thx and merit

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Am 14.10.2015 um 14:58 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> The ASF is all about recognizing and rewarding merit. The whole
> "Apache Way" started here, with this project, and httpd has always
> been the sort of "guiding light" and example of how Apache projects
> (should) work.
>
> Inclusion of the HTTP/2 implementation for httpd, especially for
> the 2.4.x branch, is a substantial feather in our cap. But we
> would have been far behind the 8-ball if not for the funding by
> the GSM Association on greenbytes GmbH's mod_h2 work, and for
> the donation of that module to the ASF.
>
> Once again, I'd like to thank them personally!

+1 and big thanks to Stefan and Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa.

Looking forward for early adopters experience!

Regards,

Rainer

Re: Thx and merit

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Thx and merit

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
Big +1

Thanks to all, and especially Stefan (and greenbytes GmbH) for his
continued contribution to pushing http2 support forward!

  Issac