Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by "Yu, Tao" <Ta...@aware.com> on 2015/03/11 16:27:31 UTC

"Customize Service" error after removing one service component

Hi,

I am trying to install HDP2.1. Here is what I do:

1.       I removed / commented out "DRPC_SERVER" component from "STORM" service metainfo.xml, because I do not need it.

<!--

        <component>

          <name>DRPC_SERVER</name>

          <displayName>DRPC Server</displayName>

          <category>MASTER</category>

          <cardinality>1</cardinality>

          <commandScript>

            <script>scripts/drpc_server.py</script>

            <scriptType>PYTHON</scriptType>

            <timeout>600</timeout>

          </commandScript>

        </component>

-->

2.       Start ambari-server, and login to Ambari web UI

3.       From Ambari web UI, I tried to install cluster via "Cluster Install Wizard", the first several steps go well until "Customize Service", it shows error message

"Attention: Some configurations need your attention before you can proceed."

But no specific problematic configuration shows up on the screen, and the "Next" button is grayed out so I cannot move forward.

4.       In the browser "Console" tab, it shows one error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'hostName' of undefinedmain.js:340 App.ServiceConfigProperty.Ember.Object.extend.initialValuehttp_client.js:1 (anonymous function)http_client.js:170 (anonymous function)http_client.js:167 App.config.Em.Object.create.renderConfigsstep9_controller.js:445 App.WizardStep7Controller.Em.Controller.extend.setStepConfigsstep9_controller.js:408 (anonymous function)

Not sure if above error message is related to the "Customize Service" problem.

Does anyone know what went wrong in my case? If I want to remove one component from a service, what's the right way to do so? In my case, I only commented out the component section in metainfo.xml, like above in Step 1.

Thanks,
-Tao