Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Manmath Shaw <ce...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/20 01:26:40 UTC

Web-socket call getting stuck and result is not getting rendered in UI

Hi All,

I have done changes to run Zeppelin as an standalone app inside an external
server. I am able to achieve that and able to complete almost all the
features.

Currently I am stuck at one place.
Now whenever I am trying to run a paragraph, the call is going fine and the
result are coming fine saving into note.json, but the issue is that the new
values are not getting displayed inside the paragraph.

As per my analysis/understanding, this is happening because the call to
java is getting stuck after fetching the data and hence the next web-socket
call to load the note is tot happening. I am not sure but I doubt this
might be happening because of some multithreading problem.

I am new to AngularJS and the web-socket calling.

Kindly help me out if anybody has faced this type of issue or have any idea
how can I fix the issue.

Please let me know if know if there is any difficulty understanding my
explanation of the problem or if any other information required.

Thanks & Regards,
Manmath

Re: Web-socket call getting stuck and result is not getting rendered in UI

Posted by Manmath Shaw <ce...@gmail.com>.
Hi Damien,

Thanks for checking on my issue :)

I have done the changes to run the Zeppelin from an outside server instead
of the inbuilt server. So now I am not using the zeppelin-daemon.sh script
for starting. The modifications I have done is the inclusion of the
servlets from the zeppelinServer.java main method inside the web.xml. As
per my knowledge the other smaller modifications should not have any impact.

And you understand correctly that after refreshing the note, the data is
showing perfectly. It is just that the call is not getting completed and
hence the results are not getting loaded for the first time.

Thanks & Regards,
Manmath

Posted by Corneau Damien <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi,