Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2003/06/23 20:29:25 UTC

Peer.doDelete() is a void instead of an int

Hi all,

The BasePeer.doDelete() method returns void, while
PreparedStatement.executeUpdate() returns an int containing the number
of rows that were "touched" by the update.

Can this be changed at some point to return int instead of void?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."

Re: Peer.doDelete() is a void instead of an int

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> The BasePeer.doDelete() method returns void, while
> PreparedStatement.executeUpdate() returns an int containing the number
> of rows that were "touched" by the update.
>

> Can this be changed at some point to return int instead of void?

I looked at CVS HEAD, and it appears that the row-centric semantics of
PreparedStatement.executeUpdate() may differ from those of
BasePeer.doDelete() (which appear to be more object-centric).
--

Daniel Rall