Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Larry Stilwell <st...@briarwoodfarm.com> on 2005/04/30 03:04:04 UTC

New User Question

I am adding log4cxx to an existing Linux process.  I get all the
expected INFO level messages until a call to daemon() is encountered and
all subsequent INFO messages that follow don't appear in the log.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Larry Stilwell

Re: New User Question

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@houston.rr.com>.
I don't have any personal experience with this scenario and don't
recall it being mentioned before.  Are you using or have you tried the
SyslogAppender?  If you are using FileAppenders, my guess is that the
open files are being closed on the parent process shutdown or child
process start up and the child process does not try to reopen them on a
failure.  Anybody else try this?

Could you specify whether you are using the CVS HEAD or 0.9.7 and the
nature of your configuration?