Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stephen Carville <st...@totalflood.com> on 2003/06/25 02:27:34 UTC

Getting Closer to a Working Configuration

OK, I finally have tomcat starting without any errors.  But I still have one
jsp that barfs.  From catalina.out:

%%%% FILE = /var/jakarta/tomcat/app1.properties
Setting up Properties 0A
Setting up Properties 0B
Setting up Properties 1
Setting up Properties 2
Setting up Properties 3
Setting up Properties 4
The user type ---> R
*******  ******* /var/jakarta/tomcat System.getProperty('catalina.home')
Client Id ---> 23462
Query to be executed to get the URL ---> SELECT web.url FROM webinterface web,
webclientinterface interface WHERE web.interfaceid = interface.interfaceid
AND interface.cltid = 23462
URL to be redirected ---> dpsi-corp.com
 select cltid, custname, altcltcd , level  from clientcustmas  where
activeflag = 'Y'  start with cltid = 23462 connect by prior cltid = pcltid
order by altcltcd 09072002
&&&& 0  select header, companylogo, companyname, siteName, contactphone,
contactemail  from   webprivatelabelinfo  where sitename =
'staging.dpsi-corp.com'
Jun 24, 2003 4:19:46 PM org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler action
INFO: RESET

app1.properties tells JDBC were to find the oracle database.

Any ideas where to start looking?

The System:
  Redhat 7.2
  Apache 1.3.22
  Tomcat 4.1.24

--
Stephen Carville
UNIX and Network Administrator

Re: Getting Closer to a Working Configuration

Posted by Stephen Carville <st...@totalflood.com>.
On Wednesday 25 June 2003 05:11 am, John Turner wrote:
> Let's take a step back and rephrase that, shall we?  You have a
working
> configuration.  You don't have a working JSP. ;)

Could be :-)  The JSP works on the standalone configuration but not in
the virtual domains.  The particlar jsp that fails contains some
absolutely byzantine code to handle "private label" sites (AKA
virtual domains :-) which worked OK when we had three or four but is
rapidly getting out of hand.  Right now it takes weeks to get a new
site up and running for testing.   Maybe it's just thay Java takes
longer to develop in but I do know I've worked on comparable projects
using CGI and mod_perl which took less than half the time from start
to testing to publically accessible.

I'm experimenting with the virtal domains with the aim of speeding
development.   For several reasons, switcing to Perl would be
impractical and I'm trying to work with what I have here :-)  For the
most part, the error messages I see are just so much phlogiston so
any help is appreciated.

http://www.opera.com/m2/

Stephen Carville <st...@totalflood.com>
UNIX and Network Administrator
DPSI
6033 W. Century Blvd, Ste 1075
Los Angeles, CA 90045
310-342-3602

Re: Getting Closer to a Working Configuration

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.