Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2014/05/23 19:43:58 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache OpenWebBeans 1.2.5

I'd like to call a VOTE on releasing Apache OpenWebBeans-1.2.5 .

This is a maintenance release of the owb_1.2.x branch and targets the CDI-1.0 specification.

The ReleaseNotes are available online:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310844&version=12326814

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheopenwebbeans-1004/

SVN source tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openwebbeans/tags/openwebbeans-1.2.5/

Source Release:
http://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheopenwebbeans-1004/org/apache/openwebbeans/openwebbeans/1.2.5/openwebbeans-1.2.5-source-release.zip

Binary release:

http://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheopenwebbeans-1004/org/apache/openwebbeans/openwebbeans-distribution/1.2.5/openwebbeans-distribution-1.2.5-binary.zip

PGP release key 2FDB81B1

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openwebbeans/trunk/KEYS

The VOTE will be open for 72 hours.
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 veto (and reason why)

Here is my +1

LieGrue,
strub

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWebBeans 1.2.5

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
+1, thanks Mark

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
is aborting needed? tomee is happy with it

then we can take xbean code handling it properly

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joseph Bergmark <be...@gmail.com>.
-1

>From my (admittedly limited) perspective, in 1.2.4 you could use the
jetty:run target to run our samples, and in 1.2.5 you can't due to the
changes in OWB-953, which means we have regressed "file:/" urls.  I'll be
the first to admit that may not be a pervasive use case.

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.

--
Jean-Louis

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWebBeans 1.2.5

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Re: [VOTE] [CANCELLED] Release Apache OpenWebBeans 1.2.5

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Joseph Bergmark <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Hi Joe!

Posted by Joseph Bergmark <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joseph Bergmark <be...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] Release Apache OpenWebBeans 1.2.5

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi!

The VOTE did pass with the following:

+1 Mark Struberg, Romain Manni-Bucau, David Blevins, Gerhard Petracek, Jean-Louis Monteiro
+0
-1 Joe Bergmark

I'll continue with the necessary tasks.

We also gonna quickly fix the regression detected by Joe and also the varargs proxy issue and ship a 1.2.6 soon.

LieGrue,
strub

 Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWebBeans 1.2.5
 To: "openwebbeans-dev" <de...@openwebbeans.apache.org>