Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/30 17:46:10 UTC

JSR-243 Maintenance Release

Hi,

As Maintenance Lead for JSR-243 I'd like to propose a Maintenance Release 4.

We have prepared:
The Specification in .odm and .pdf formats
The API in source (GitHub) and binary formats
The TCK in source (GitHub) and binary formats
The Change List in .odf format

Can you please give me pointers to the process to request a vote on the Maintenance Release?

Thanks,
Craig

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: JSR-243 Maintenance Release

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harold,

Thanks very much for the detailed pointers. There have been substantive changes to the specification that warrant a review. Earlier, I had read the process but was unable to find where to post the request for review.

I'll follow up with submitting the materials via the process.

Thanks,
Craig

> On Oct 11, 2021, at 11:54 AM, Harold Ogle <ha...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Craig:
>
> A Maintenance Release follows an approved Maintenance Review.
>
> The process for a Maintenance Review that involves substantive changes is:
>
> 1) Send the materials to spec-submit@jcp.org
>
> 2) The Maintenance Review is posted and announced
>
> 3) After the Maintenance Review, the JCP EC votes on the Maintenance Review ballot
>
> 4) If the ballot is approved, the Maintenance Release is posted.
>

> The maintenance process for fixing errata in a specification is slightly different.
>

> These are described in more detail online: https://jcp.org/en/resources/guide-maint211
>

> Let me know if you have any questions about the maintenance process.
>

>      Thank you,
>

>          Harold
>

> On 9/30/2021 10:46 AM, Craig Russell wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As Maintenance Lead for JSR-243 I'd like to propose a Maintenance Release 4.
>>
>> We have prepared:
>> The Specification in .odm and .pdf formats
>> The API in source (GitHub) and binary formats
>> The TCK in source (GitHub) and binary formats
>> The Change List in .odf format
>>
>> Can you please give me pointers to the process to request a vote on the Maintenance Release?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Craig
>>
>> Craig L Russell
>> clr@apache.org