Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christian Rudolph <Ch...@newsedge.com> on 2001/06/08 19:38:33 UTC

Connection aborted by peer: socket write error ?

Hi All,

Relative newbie here, so please, no flames, ok?
Tomcat 3.2.2 on WinNT4 SP6a as standalone.

This is not a serious error, but it shows up every time I load the
index.html page.

2001-06-08 11:56:34 -
2001-06-08 01:29:05 - Ctx(  ): IOException in: R(  + /index.html + null)
Connect
ion aborted by peer: socket write error
Ctx(  ): IOException in: R(  + /tomcat-power.gif + null) Connection aborted
by peer: socket write error

I have checked the permissions, and there is no issue that I can see.
It obviously finds the file.  I can't understand what it wants to do with
either the index.html file or the Tomcat-power.gif file,
and why it passes a null. ??
The error message doesn't give me much clue as to what is wrong.

I used Frontpage2000 to edit the index.html file.  Is this the problem?
I am not using any of the extensions
within FP2K, just the editing capabilities.
Should I avoid using FP?  I also have JDeveloper3.2, which will work.

Any leads someone might have would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

-Christian

Christian Rudolph
NewsEdge Corp.