Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com> on 2015/03/01 11:48:57 UTC

Re: Configuring Jprobe for apache-servicemix-5.3.0

Hi,

take a look at the documentation [1].

regards, Achim

[1] - http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/developers-guide/debugging.html

> Hi All
>

> Could you please let me know how can I configure JProbe for
> apache-servicemix-5.3.0 process? We are facing a performance issue and the
> Performace architects have requested us to configure Jprobe for our OSGI
> instance.
>

> As per the Performance test team Jprobe will provide them the method level
> analysis and they need that for their analysis. Could someone help me out
> with the steps to perform this?
>

> Thanks | Sajith | 469 571 3365

Apache Member
Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: Configuring Jprobe for apache-servicemix-5.3.0

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
OTH, with a quick googling I found a description on how to configure JProbe
with an OSGi environment.
Take a look at[1]

regards, Achim
[1] -
http://blog.knowhowlab.org/2010/03/osgi-tips-osgi-profiling-yourkit.html

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by sajithmajeed <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by sajithmajeed <sa...@gmail.com>.
Could you please let me know what configurations we have to do within
Jprobe to connect to the Karaf instance and monitor it.

Thx |Sajith | 469 571 3365

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

you can mimic the yourkit config:

http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/developers-guide/debugging.html

See the profiling section for jvisualvm and especially yourkit.

You may need the bootdelegation for jprobe.

Regards
JB

On 03/01/2015 11:53 AM, sajithmajeed wrote:
> I work as an admin and the performance test/Developers needed jorobe
> specifically. Jconsole will not be enough. I believe this documentation
> explains Jconsole and not Jprobe.
>

> Please let me know if I can configure Jprobe for them.
>

> Thx | Sajith | 4695713365
>
> On Sunday, March 1, 2015, Achim Nierbeck [via ServiceMix] <
> ml-node+s396122n5722316h10@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> take a look at the documentation [1].
>>
>> regards, Achim
>>
>> [1] -
>> http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/developers-guide/debugging.html

>> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5722316&i=0>>:
>>
>>> Hi All
>>>

>>> Could you please let me know how can I configure JProbe for
>>> apache-servicemix-5.3.0 process? We are facing a performance issue and
>> the
>>> Performace architects have requested us to configure Jprobe for our OSGI
>>> instance.
>>>

>>> As per the Performance test team Jprobe will provide them the method
>> level
>>> analysis and they need that for their analysis. Could someone help me
>> out
>>> with the steps to perform this?
>>>

>>> Thanks | Sajith | 469 571 3365
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>>
>> Apache Member
>> OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer &
>> Project Lead
>> blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>
>> Co-Author of Apache Karaf Cookbook <http://bit.ly/1ps9rkS>
>>
>> Software Architect / Project Manager / Scrum Master

>> .
>> NAML
>> <http://servicemix.396122.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Configuring Jprobe for apache-servicemix-5.3.0

Posted by sajithmajeed <sa...@gmail.com>.