Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Benno Evers <be...@mesosphere.com> on 2019/03/06 14:16:16 UTC

Apache ReviewBoard not accepting new users

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share something that caught us off-guard yesterday: it is
currently not possible to register new user accounts on
http://reviews.apache.org - only committers and people with an existing
account are allowed to log in.

It looks like this is a side-effect of Apache switching to LDAP logins.
Since reviewboard supports only exactly one sign-up backend, so when they
enabled LDAP, "classic" signup was disabled in the process. We're still
trying to get some background on this decision from the ASF Infra team.

Best regards,
--
Benno Evers
Software Engineer, Mesosphere

Re: Apache ReviewBoard not accepting new users

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.
Good news! Looks like the LDAP requirement will be reverted.