Posted to users@maven.apache.org by maven apache <ap...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/21 14:57:06 UTC

skip the test

Hi:

I have a project which contains more than two modules(here I call one A and
another as B), all of the modules have test classes,and in the pom of each
module I have config the jar plugin as following:
---------
   <plugin>
    <executions>
      <execution>
        <phase>package</phase>
        <goals>
           <goal>test-jar</goal>
        </goals>
      </execution>
    </executions>
   </plugin>

---------
that's to say a jar named A-test.jar will be generated and installed to the
local repository.

The module B have a dependency A-teset.jar with a test scope.

However the test classes of the A have some problems and can not be compiled
. So the A-test.jar can not generated and installed. Then the B module can
not find the requried artifact "A-test.jar",so I try to skip the test by
using command "mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true",however I still got
the error message which told me the required jar(A-test.jar) is missing,it
seems that the tests are skipped, but it also resloved the dependency.
So I wonder what I can do to install my project>?
I just want to skip the test,the test is not importent.

Re: skip the test

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Actually the whole project is a third-party project, so it is hard to fix
> the test errors.

Delete the tests.

Wayne

Re: skip the test