Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/19 11:00:46 UTC

Re: New Apache Camel Logo

Hi

There are some more logo candidates / sketches / mockups (or what you
want to call it) now on that github link:
https://github.com/opensourcedesign/jobs/issues/108

Its also been 6 weeks or so since we put out the word about a new logo.

I suggest to take a look and provide feedback of the current proposals
we have. And if you have design talents you are surely welcome to
provide a logo candidate also.

Further down the road I think we should maybe do some kind of
community vote on a number of the logo candidates.

Also mind that the work is volunteer based and we have no $$$ to
pay/compensate people. So its really great to see that people have
been willing to help and do some logo proposals still. Thanks guys.

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 4:47 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> The old Apache Camel logo is a bit out dated, and we have in the past
> talked about a new logo.
>
> Then Jakub Korab posed this tweet
> https://twitter.com/jakekorab/status/780333769358184449
>
> Seems like there is a design team that did a great logo for bash.
>
> So maybe we can ask if they would consider try to do an Apache Camel logo.
>
> Of course anyone else is welcome to attempt to do a better logo.
>
> It would be good if the logo can be in vector and bitmap.
> So with vector we can do a SVG and for bitmap we can have a PNG / JPEG etc.
> Also maybe for vector we can try to do a little .ico file for web browser.
>

> Any comments or thoughts?
>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus