Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/08 04:56:00 UTC

Serius problem in cocoon 1.82 - BUGS?????

Dear All,

I found serius problem in cocoon1

I need your advise, I think there is an error in
cacoon 1 and need trick to solve this, because the way
of cocoon develop by JSP technology.

In my mind, I think cacoon is not support multiple XSP
stylesheet, if the first stylesheet is pure 100% XSL.
This is serius problem.

Because cocoon is using JSP Tomcat technology. The XSP
will be compile, and only the first track is compiled,
this make a serious error in my script.

If one of you want my script I can give it to you???
The script need Tomcat 3.2 and Mysql db.

This is the scenario:

descriptor.XML->multistyle.xsl->
-> new.xsp.xsl (if $style='new') ->
descriptor.html.xsl
-> searc.xsp.xsl (if $style='search') ->
descriptor.html.xsl

multistyle.xsl using standar XSL syntax this script is
found in the Cocoon web site. to use multi stylesheet.

multistyle.xsl:
<xsl:if test="$style='new'">
....<xsl processing.....>
..-> this will move this script to the New.XSP page
</xsl:if>
<xsl:if test="$style='search'">
....<xsl processing.....>
..-> this will move this script to the Search.XSP page
</xsl:if>

and there is 2 XSL with XSP syntax, New.XSP.xsl and
Search.XSP.xsl, both are access using xsp:logic.

I try run my XML, descriptor.xml (stylesheet
multisytle.xsl) in the web browser

this is the URL

http://localhost/descriptor.xml?style=new

And I get the right result..

after that I run the search
http://localhost/descriptor.xml?style=search

The result is... still new...????? --> problem...

I see the _descriptor.java in repository..

Cocoon never compile the search.xsp.xml.

Why? cocoon only compile the new.xsp.xml.

I try to delete the repository.
and run
http://localhost/descriptor.xml?style=search

it work well.. and I looked at the _descriptor.java

there is noe new.xsp.xml source..

My Question:
- How to make cocoon doesn't compile using xml file
name but based by xsl.

So in my repository will be.
_descriptor.java
_new.xsp.xml.java
and _search.xsp.xml.java

This is serious problem for me.

This problem is shown if I used multiple XSL and the
first XSL is pure XSL.

Regards,

Frans

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/