Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Rick Tan <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2001/02/14 01:57:01 UTC

xalan 2.0

Hi,

Just upgraded to xalan 2.0 and all my scripts (dating back to xalan 1.2)
bombed.

/bin/java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN TestMatrix.xml

XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException):
getAssociatedStylesheets failed

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? The xml file has the following
PI

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?>
<!DOCTYPE TestMatrix  SYSTEM "http://myServer/xml/TestMatrix.dtd">
<?xml-stylesheet href='http://myServer/xml/TestMatrix.xsl' type='text/xsl'?>

I was able to transform the same file using xalan 1.2 with no problem.

Would appreciate any clue.

Thanks.

-Rick

Re: xalan 2.0

Posted by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@metalab.unc.edu>.
At 4:57 PM -0800 2/13/01, Rick Tan wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Just upgraded to xalan 2.0 and all my scripts (dating back to xalan
>1.2) bombed.
>/bin/java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN TestMatrix.xml
>
>XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException):
>getAssociatedStylesheets failed
>
>Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? The xml file has the following
>PI
>
><?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?>
><!DOCTYPE TestMatrix  SYSTEM "http://myServer/xml/TestMatrix.dtd">
><?xml-stylesheet href='http://myServer/xml/TestMatrix.xsl' type='text/xsl'?>

This probably isn't your problem, but just in case: there is no such
MIME media type as text/xsl. XSLT style sheets are identified by
text/xml or application/xml+xslt

You might also want to try putting the DOCTYPE declaration after the
xml-stylesheet processing instruction. I don't think it should make a
difference, but you never know. e.g.

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet href='http://myServer/xml/TestMatrix.xsl' type='text/xml'?>
<!DOCTYPE TestMatrix  SYSTEM "http://myServer/xml/TestMatrix.dtd">

|                  The XML Bible (IDG Books, 1999)                   |
|              http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/books/bible/               |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0764532367/cafeaulaitA/   |
|  Read Cafe au Lait for Java News:  http://metalab.unc.edu/javafaq/ |
|  Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/     |