Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alex Shneyderman <a....@gmail.com> on 2006/07/07 21:16:43 UTC

Maven-Proxy ?

With maven1 we are runing maven-proxy to cache the jars we care about.
Now I am looking how to do this with maven2 artifacts and can not
figure how to make it work.

I have something like this in my pom (maven2):
<project>
  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>central</id>
      <name>Proxy Central Repository</name>
      <layout>default</layout>
      <url>http://myhost:9999</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>
</project>

when I run mvn the log shows this:

Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/junit/junit/3.8.1/junit-3.8.1.pom
145b downloaded

so the question is why? Is this because something is wrong with my
maven-proxy and it just does not handle m2 request or there is an
issue with changing a repo to an alternative location?

Thanks,
Alex.

Re: Maven-Proxy ?

Posted by Mykel Alvis <my...@weirdness.com>.
Set your proxy up as a mirror to central in settings.xml, as described in
the "multiple repositories" guide.

On 7/7/06, Alex Shneyderman <a....@gmail.com> wrote:

> With maven1 we are runing maven-proxy to cache the jars we care about.
> Now I am looking how to do this with maven2 artifacts and can not
> figure how to make it work.
>
> I have something like this in my pom (maven2):
> <project>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>central</id>
>       <name>Proxy Central Repository</name>
>       <layout>default</layout>
>       <url>http://myhost:9999</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
> </project>
>
> when I run mvn the log shows this:
>
> Downloading:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/junit/junit/3.8.1/junit-3.8.1.pom
> 145b downloaded
>
> so the question is why? Is this because something is wrong with my
> maven-proxy and it just does not handle m2 request or there is an
> issue with changing a repo to an alternative location?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex.

Never wear anything that panics the cat. -- P. J. O'Rourke