Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/06/26 19:36:22 UTC

Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "multiviews not working as advertised?" on AIX

I'll pass your questions on to someone more familiar with
multiviews.

cheers,
rob

--
Rob Hartill (robh@imdb.com)

Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "multiviews not working as advertised?" on AIX

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>.
On Wed, 26 Jun 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

>Not sure really if it's a bug, but I saw somewhere
>that one update was the ignoration of order in
>multiviews. eg foo.es.html = foo.html.es
>this doesn't seem to be working. (no url, but
>it is a pretty quick test).

No, not exactly. What the update you saw was is the ignoring of order of
extensions, yes, but not related to MultiViews - It still only works based
on the base paths of the files (you can't call foo.html to choose between
foo.en.html and foo.fr.html - but you can use foo.html to choose between
foo.html.en and foo.html.fr).

> Also, I thought this function would work on directories
> as well as files, but I cannot get it to work.
> (it makes more sense from a permissions perspective
> to have whole directories containing specific languages)
>
> Does it work on directories or do I need to hack that up myself?

MultiViews ignores directories. It didn't used to, but this caused all
sorts of problems, and was fixed in Apache 0.8.2.

Thanks for using Apache!

-- Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>            The Apache HTTP Server