Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Don <do...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/30 18:58:53 UTC

Tomcat in Netbeans 11.1

I've been using Tomcat in production for about 15 years.  I'm currently
working in 8.5.39.  The people at NetBeans suggested I ask this list
about a problem I experience when I select Project | Run from the
NetBeans project window.

Instead of running just the project I selected, it also runs other
projects that are open in NetBeans.  I don't see anything in the webapps
folder when it is running so I have doubts that Tomcat is keeping track
of what is has previously run.

Does any of this sound like anything anyone else has experienced?  It
only started happening last week, until then it seemed just fine.

Don

Re: Tomcat in Netbeans 11.1

Posted by Don <do...@gmail.com>.
Interesting to know.  I had seen references to proxy setting elsewhere
but haven't had a need for it. Thanks,

Don

Re: Tomcat in Netbeans 11.1

Posted by Jason Hall <ja...@mchsi.com>.

Re: Tomcat in Netbeans 11.1

Posted by Don <do...@gmail.com>.
I knew about the Services tab and my practice has been to undeploy the
app then shut down Tomcat before I shut down NetBeans.  I didn't know
about the copy of Tomcat being made although I suspected something like
that because when the start failed, the process kept running and needed
to be manually ended.

Thanks for the information,

Don

On 10/30/19 3:19 PM, alejandro.vargas@kymsolutions.com wrote:
> Well if you're developping in Netbeans, Netbeans always make a copy of
> tomcat in other folder. When you run the project, Netbeans deploy the
> project in its working directory and that deploy stays there until you
> cleaned or undeploy it or undeploy them.
> In Netbeans there's a tab named Services, generally on the left side
> of the screen, near it is Projects tab and Files tab. In Services you
> find the servers, expand it and you'll find Tomcat, if you expand
> Tomcat you will able to see all your deployments that you ran when you
> were developping on them, you are able to stop ever one of them and
> undeploy them.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Greetings.
>

> Quoting Don <do...@gmail.com>:
>
>> I've been using Tomcat in production for about 15 years.  I'm
>> currently working in 8.5.39.  The people at NetBeans suggested I ask
>> this list about a problem I experience when I select Project | Run
>> from the NetBeans project window.
>>
>> Instead of running just the project I selected, it also runs other
>> projects that are open in NetBeans.  I don't see anything in the
>> webapps folder when it is running so I have doubts that Tomcat is
>> keeping track of what is has previously run.
>>
>> Does any of this sound like anything anyone else has experienced?  It
>> only started happening last week, until then it seemed just fine.
>>
>> Don

Re: Tomcat in Netbeans 11.1

Posted by al...@kymsolutions.com.