Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Jerry Bate <je...@hotmail.com> on 2007/05/23 12:59:02 UTC

rss feed urls

Hi

I am having a problem getting rss feed urls to appear on a main Weblog
template.

If I include the command:
#showAtomFeedsList($model.weblog)
I get a list of URLs output, which produce a 404 if clicked upon. For
example:
http://192.168.0.235:9876/test/campaign/feed/entries/atom?cat=/Helen

However, the comment URL produced by this macro does work:
http://192.168.0.235:9876/test/campaign/feed/comments/atom

So the problem appears to be to do with generation of URLs for entries, but
not for comments.
To test this out, I placed the following on the template:
url.feed.entries.rss = $url.feed.entries.rss
url.feed.entries.atom = $url.feed.entries.atom
url.feed.comments.atom = $url.feed.comments.atom
url.feed.comments.rss = $url.feed.comments.rss

The first two produce URLs which 404 if clicked upon:
http://192.168.0.235:9876/test/campaign/feed/entries/rss
http://192.168.0.235:9876/test/campaign/feed/entries/atom

The second two produce URLs which do work:
http://192.168.0.235:9876/test/campaign/feed/comments/atom
http://192.168.0.235:9876/test/campaign/feed/comments/rss

I have placed the following required macro in the head of the html:
  #showAutodiscoveryLinks($model.weblog)
Looking at the page source, it generates URLs matching to the above.

Has anyone any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Incidentally, the 404 screens are always Tomcat screens, not Roller's own
404 screen.
I am using Roller 3.1, Oracle 9, Tomcat 5.5.12

Any ideas, anyone?

Jerry

https://livemessenger.mobile.uk.msn.com/