Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Eric Gillespie <ep...@pretzelnet.org> on 2002/07/17 23:09:50 UTC

Please stop apxs -a

Currently, mod_dav_svn is installed withi apxs -i -a.  This causes
the module to be activated in httpd.conf.  Except i don't want that
module loaded there.  I have a separate httpd which runs only svn,
and runs as a separate user.  The primary httpd uses ProxyPass to
make the svn repo appear as part of the main site.

People on the IRC channel claim this makes it easier to use.  This
kind of ease of use isn't.  Ease of use like this always hurts
people trying to do things other than the simple case, even though
the simple case is already, well, simple.

I was told to edit my local copy of Makefile.in not to use -a.  I
have done that, because i'll only have to do it once (in theory,
as long as no one commits something conflicting to the Makefile.in)
instead of everytime i update like i was doing.  But this is not
a good answer.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pretzelnet.org

Build a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -Terry Pratchett

Re: Please stop apxs -a

Posted by Eric Gillespie <ep...@pretzelnet.org>.
=?UTF-8?B?QnJhbmtvIMSMaWJlag==?= <br...@xbc.nu> writes:

> Then why are you pointing configure at the primary httpd's apxs?

Why would i build httpd twice?  I only have one apxs.  The svn
httpd is run with -f other-config-file.

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg@pretzelnet.org

Re: Please stop apxs -a

Posted by Albert Chin <su...@thewrittenword.com>.
On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 01:16:09AM +0200, Branko Cibej wrote:
> Eric Gillespie wrote:
>
> Write up a patch to let confugure accept a --disable-apxs-activation
> flag, or something, that would strip the -a from the Makefile.

Just replace it with -A (on 1.3.x anyway).

--
albert chin (china@thewrittenword.com)

Re: Please stop apxs -a

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.