Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Gupta, Piyush (Cognizant)" <GP...@blr.cognizant.com> on 2004/08/17 13:32:54 UTC

Help Needed on Cactus

Hi All,

I am using Cactus Testing framework in my project for testing the EJB as this project contains somewhere 6-7 layers in between,

So we have decided to Start testing from the Business façade i.e SessionEJB's .I have written some Cactus Test Cases in which I am testing the

Business façade methods.Here are my queries.

-          As I am testing EJB's functions where to put all these test cases

-          How to run these test cases inside container i.e Weblogic 7.

-          We are using Maven as a project management tool do I need Maven Plugin to pack these test cases in WAR?

-          What are the files need to be modified in order to configure cactus?

-          Can I use JUnitEE to test these test cases inside a container?

Please help me out in finding these answers.

Thanks in Advance

Piyush

Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

RE: Help Needed on Cactus

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Piyush,

The best way to help you is to point you to a Maven project using Cactus to
test EJBs with WebLogic 7. There is such a project in the Cactus CVS.

You can access it from here:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-cactus/integration/maven/samples/e
jb

That should answer all the questions below except the JUnitEE one. For
JUnitEE, yes you can use it to test inside a container.

Using Cactus with Maven to test EJBs is really easy. Give it a try.

Thanks
-Vincent