Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hari Om <ha...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/22 23:33:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache+Tomcat + MOD_JK on different machine

SUBJECT: Apache+Tomcat + MOD_JK on different machine

I am using Apache 2.0.47 and Tomcat 4.1.27 on my SuSE Linux. I had
configured my mod_jk and it works just great! (My Web and App Server were on
same box)

Now I have a Web Server and App Server on a different box and was wondering
what changes do I have to make to "MOD_JK" for the Integration to work.

My old settings were:
----------
httpd.conf
----------
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
ServerName abc.com

Include /usr/local/tomcat4/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf

  JkWorkersFile "/usr/local/apa2047/conf/workers.properties"
  JkLogFile "/usr/local/apa2047/logs/mod_jk.log"

  JkLogLevel debug

  JkMount /examples ajp13
  JkMount /examples/* ajp13

--------------------
workers.properties
--------------------

workers.CATALINA_HOME=/usr/local/tomcat4
workers.java_home=$(JAVA_HOME)
ps=/

worker.list=ajp13
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=101.102.103.104
#above is IP address of abc.com
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13.lbfactor=5

Now that I have both APACHE and TOMCAT on DIFFERENT Boxes, I was wondering
what changes do I have to make for the above to work.

My Web Server is "xyz.com" and my App Server is "abc.com". I have mod_jk
configured in my Web Server.

My new HTTPD.CONF file is:
My NEW settings are:
------------------------------