Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Steve Pannier <sp...@jacada.com> on 2002/05/31 18:19:02 UTC

Ignorable whitespace - XML parser question

Hello.  I've searched the mailing list but found no information regarding
this issue.

Is there a way in AXIS to set an option on the XML parser that controls the
ability to "eliminate ignorable whitespace"?  Using a DOM parser (via
DocumentBuilderFactory) you can call setIgnoringElementContentWhitespace()
to provide this control.

What we would like is to provide our SOAP clients the ability to make use
of the "xml:space" reserved attribute on elements (for example, in SOAP
Header fields) to indicate whether or not whitespace should be ignored.

Is this something that's supported in AXIS?  Or, for that matter, is it
possible to set *any* options (validating, namespace aware) on the XML
parser used within AXIS?

Regards.

Steve Pannier
Jacada, Inc.