Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Rob Atkinson <ro...@metalinkage.com.au> on 2016/05/17 08:45:23 UTC

Guidance/experience/examples on publishing patterns

I've been looking over the specs, grounding use case and marmotta documents
trying to work out a best practice for the Use Case at:

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/default/ldp-ucr.html#dfn-uc1

where the resource is an existing SKOS concept scheme.

The examples at
https://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Examples#Create_a_new_resource_using_PUT_.28UC-LDPR5-S1.29

are helpful - but not quite what I need.

what I want to do is create a SKOS vocabulary to express relationships
between externally defined terms (with canonical URIs). I dont have too
much of a problem with the idea of creating a proxy object in the LDP
environment - ie. with a LDP container based URI scheme - and making a
declaration that the object is a skos:exactMatch to the canonical URI

At the SPARQL endpoint I was to be able to query the SKOS vocabulary
without any LDP container artefacts - so I need all the original RDF
stored, even if I have to create LDP containers for it all.

AFAICT the proposed solution is create a container for each ConceptScheme -
and a Container for each Concept - and make each RDF statement about the
Concept a member of that container.   It looks like I should be able to
load these resources
like so

curl -iX POST -H "Content-Type: text/turtle" -d @scheme.ttl -H "Slug:
ftgaz" http://192.168.56.151:8080/marmotta/ldp

curl -iX POST -H "Content-Type: text/turtle" -d @concept1.ttl -H "Slug:
concept1" http://192.168.56.151:8080/marmotta/ldp/ftgaz

(i have deployed marmotta.war built using defaults from 3.3.0)

But I get a HTTP 404 if I try to do this - it doenst like /marmotta/ldp

- i also couldnt see a call to get a list of the containers it knows about
- i would have thought this was just
http://192.168.56.151:8080/marmotta/ldp

Any assistance in the debugging  and/or best pratices here gratefully
received,

Rob Atkinson