Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by ArturEdward <ar...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/19 14:25:06 UTC

Why login attempt with wrong credentials is logged as an ERROR?

Hi

I would like to ask what is the reason to log an error in the log file in
the case of failed authentication in the AbstractLdapRealm?
In our application, each ERROR is supposed to send an email to the admin
(Log4J SNMP Appender). Now, because of the jsecurity behavious, each
unsuccesfull login is triggering such an action.
Is there a way to change this behaviour (other than overriding the
'doGetAuthenticationInfo()' method?)

2009-03-19 12:31:12,475 [node1] [328603355@qtp0-50] [ERROR]
org.jsecurity.realm.ldap.AbstractLdapRealm  - LDAP naming error while
attempting to authenticate user.
javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308:
LdapErr: DSID-0C090334, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 525,
vece^@]
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:2985)
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2931)
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2732)

Thanks, regards!

Re: Why login attempt with wrong credentials is logged as an ERROR?

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Hi Artur,

Please open a Jira issue - it shouldn't be listed as an ERROR due to a
failed authentication.

Thanks!

Les