Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Dan McLaughlin <dm...@tech-consortium.com> on 2010/05/11 19:09:00 UTC

Was the EhCache downgrade in 1.3 intentional?

We've seen a significant increase in time it takes to download/upload
artifacts from Archiva after we upgraded from 1.2.2 to 1.3.  I'm in the very
beginning stages of my investigation, but one thing I just noticed when
comparing the Archiva WAR between 1.2.2 and 1.3 is that the
plexus-cache-ehcache-1.0-alpha-2.jar in the 1.3 release says it was built
March 29, 2007 by Brett...and the version in 1.2.2 was build Jun 23 2009 by
Deng.  If you JAD the EhcacheCreator classes between the two, there are some
fairly significant differences between the them.  I'm not suggesting that
this has anything to do with our issues, but I wanted to point it out as a
can't imagine that you intentionally moved back to a version of ehcache that
was two years older than the one you included in the 1.2.2 release.

Regards,

Dan

Re: Was the EhCache downgrade in 1.3 intentional?

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
Yep, it's a connection response timeout :)

-Deng

Posted by Dan McLaughlin <dm...@tech-consortium.com>.

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
You can also take the proxy connector offline temporarily one by one.

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: Was the EhCache downgrade in 1.3 intentional?

Posted by Dan McLaughlin <dm...@tech-consortium.com>.

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.