Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Weihao Li <wl...@aware.com> on 2020/08/26 14:01:32 UTC

ActiveMQ Artemis Roadmap

Hi,

Sorry if this is not the correct mailing list.

We are loyal Active MQ users for many years and we notice ActiveMQ Artemis is released and we plan to migrate ActiveMQ 5 to ActiveMQ Artemis in the future. But seems like ActiveMQ Artemis haven't reached the sufficient level of feature with the 5.x code-base. Thus, we want to get some information about the roadmap of ActiveMQ Artemis so that we can schedule the migration work.

Thanks,
Weihao Li
Senior Software Engineer Aware, Inc.

wli@aware.com<ma...@aware.com>
P. 781.687.0478

40 Middlesex Turnpike
Bedford, MA  01730
Main.  781-276-4000
www.aware.com<http://www.aware.com/>
Connect with Aware:
Web<https://www.aware.com/> | Blog<https://www.aware.com/blog/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/awarebiometrics> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/aware-inc.>

Re: ActiveMQ Artemis Roadmap

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
Check out the roadmap [1]. A *lot* of work has been done since this topic
was last discussed on the mailing list. At this point I think most, if not
all, of the features which aren't yet implemented are probably unnecessary.

As Gary mentioned, please elaborate on what features you still need (if
any).

Justin

[1] https://activemq.apache.org/activemq-artemis-roadmap

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
I work for a company that supports customers using both ActiveMQ 5.x and
Artemis based products. However, I can't provide customer details. Others
on this list who are using Artemis in production may speak up, of course,
and provide the details you're looking for.

When you say "large scale" what exactly do you mean? Do you mean in terms
of message volume, message size, cluster size, hardware capacity, etc.?

Justin

Posted by Francesco Nigro <ni...@gmail.com>.
Probably the Sunning folks can answer this :)

Posted by Weihao Li <wl...@aware.com>.

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Weihao Li <wl...@aware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Weihao Li,
Can you expand on the features that you require that are missing?
We are still committed to making migration as easy as possible.

Kind regards,
gary