Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Eugene Kuleshov <eu...@md.pp.ru> on 2009/06/04 16:26:07 UTC

using axis runtime on server

Hi,

  I wonder if it is possible to use Axis runtime in a way similar to jax-ws
reference implementation, e.g. add a servlet declaration in my web
application web.xml, so it would scan the web application or use some
descriptor to find the web service entry points (annotated classes) and
expose those entry points trough that declared servlet.

  Here is how it look with jax-ws reference implementation:

  <servlet id="jax-ws-servlet">
    <servlet-name>WSServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServlet</servlet-class>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping id="jax-ws-mapping">
    <servlet-name>WSServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/service</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

  Is there something like that available in axis?

  Thanks in advance

  Eugene

Re: using axis runtime on server

Posted by Greg Stasica <gs...@googlemail.com>.
hi,

take a look here
http://wso2.org/library/90

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Eugene Kuleshov <eu...@md.pp.ru> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I wonder if it is possible to use Axis runtime in a way similar to jax-ws
> reference implementation, e.g. add a servlet declaration in my web
> application web.xml, so it would scan the web application or use some
> descriptor to find the web service entry points (annotated classes) and
> expose those entry points trough that declared servlet.
>
>  Here is how it look with jax-ws reference implementation:
>
>  <servlet id="jax-ws-servlet">
>    <servlet-name>WSServlet</servlet-name>
>

> <servlet-class>com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServlet</servlet-class>
>  </servlet>
>  <servlet-mapping id="jax-ws-mapping">
>    <servlet-name>WSServlet</servlet-name>
>    <url-pattern>/service</url-pattern>
>  </servlet-mapping>
>
>  Is there something like that available in axis?
>
>  Thanks in advance
>
>  Eugene

Greg Stasica