Posted to user@ant.apache.org by David Corbin <dc...@machturtle.com> on 2000/12/28 23:39:22 UTC

oddity

<copy todir="foo">
	<fileset dir="bar">
		<include name="./foobar"/>
	</fileset>
</copy>

Doesn't copy anything.  But, if I remove the leading "./" it will copy
it.

--
David Corbin
Mach Turtle Technologies, Inc.

Re: IDL compilation with ant -> problem?

Posted by G Ramasubramani <gr...@aztec.soft.net>.
    I suppose instead of calling execon, you will have to write your own
task which shall internally generate the dependancies and check the
time-stamps to decide which idl to compile and which not to.

    Have a look at the Javac.java class. It might help you.

Rama

Posted by Mikael St�ldal <mi...@staldal.nu>.
In article <ND...@ebinteractive.com.au>,
"Conor MacNeill" <co...@ebinteractive.com.au> wrote:

>Have you looked at the uptodate task?

Yes, and I'm currently using it. But it's not an elegant solution.

RE: IDL compilation with ant -> problem?

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>.
Mikael,

Have you looked at the uptodate task?

Conor

Posted by Mikael St�ldal <mi...@ingen.reklam.staldal.nu>.
In article <B6...@x180.net>,

Posted by James Duncan Davidson <du...@x180.net>.
On 12/29/00 2:19 AM, "Barry Nauta" <ba...@swITch.be> wrote:

> Is there some sort of dependency checking possible or do we have to
> write a seperate tool that generates build files based on dependencies?

Dependency checking is a function of the task itself. So in the Javac case,
there are some fairly good, though not thorough, checks based on timestamps
to determine what needs to be recompiled. Such functionality is probably
what is needed in your task (though I've got to admit, I haven't looked at
the IDL task).

.duncan

                                                                  !try; do()

IDL compilation with ant -> problem?