Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Raghav Karol <rk...@issuu.com> on 2012/08/27 15:35:46 UTC

SolrCloud 4.0 ALHPA, replicas, large commit times

Hello *,

We are using SolrClould 4.0 - Alpha and have a 4 machine setup.

Machine 1 - 16 Solr cores - Shard 1 - 16
Machine 2 - 16 Solr cores - Shard 17 - 32
Machine 3 - 16 Solr cores - Replica 1 - 16
Machine 4 - 16 Solr cores - Replice 17 - 32

Index at 500 docs/sec and committing every 60 seconds, i.e., 30,000 Documents causes Solr to freeze. There is nothing in the logs to indicate errors or replication activity - Solr just appeared to freeze.

Increasing the commit frequency we observed that commits of at most 2,500 docs worked fine.

Are we using SolrCloud and replications incorrectly?

--
Raghav

Re: SolrCloud 4.0 ALHPA, replicas, large commit times

Posted by Martin Koch <ma...@issuu.com>.
It actually is Beta that we're working with.

/Martin

Posted by Martin Koch <ma...@issuu.com>.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.