Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Michael Prescott <mi...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/30 17:32:50 UTC

Chenille Kit incompatibility?

I'm trying to include Chenille Kit (chenillekit-tapestry) 1.2.0 into my
Tapestry 5.1.0.5 project, but I'm getting an apparent incompatibility - an
exception gets tossed whenever I visit the page that uses the Chenille
DateTimeField.  I've seen it both ways, apparently depending on which
service contribution gets there first.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Service contribution (to service
'AssetSource') conflicts with existing contribution (by
org.chenillekit.tapestry.core.ChenilleKitCoreModule.contributeAssetSource(MappedConfiguration,
AssetFactory) (at ChenilleKitCoreModule.java:95)).
    at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.ValidatingMappedConfigurationWrapper.add(ValidatingMappedConfigurationWrapper.java:83)
    at
com.tsg.crystal.web.services.TapestryModule.contributeAssetSource(TapestryModule.java:27)
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.ContributionDefImpl.invokeMethod(ContributionDefImpl.ja

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Service contribution (to service
'AssetSource') conflicts with existing contribution (by
com.tsg.crystal.web.services.TapestryModule.contributeAssetSource(MappedConfiguration)
(at TapestryModule.java:27)).
    at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.ValidatingMappedConfigurationWrapper.add(ValidatingMappedConfigurationWrapper.java:83)
    at
org.chenillekit.tapestry.core.ChenilleKitCoreModule.contributeAssetSource(ChenilleKitCoreModule.java:95)

I've incorporated Chenille Kit into my project like this:

        <dependency>
            <artifactId>chenillekit-tapestry</artifactId>
            <groupId>org.chenillekit</groupId>
            <version>1.2.0</version>
            <exclusions>
                <exclusion>
                    <groupId>jboss</groupId>
                    <artifactId>javassist</artifactId>
                </exclusion>
            </exclusions>
        </dependency>

I've also reviewed the maven dependency tree (and the expanded .war file) to
see if any old tapestry jars are being included, but everything is 5.1.0.5.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Michael