Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Je...@nlgroup.ca on 2001/12/28 21:36:33 UTC

Error Tag Usage

Greetings:
     I apologize if this has been answered before...

     When I use the error tag to display the LIST of errors it works as expected
along with the header an footer that I have in my properties file.

     However when I choose not to display the list, but instead just place a
single error message beside an input control
                ie: <html:errors property="legalName" />  I expect to get just
the message (if any) for that field.

     The output shows the single error for legalName but includes the header and
footer.

     Do I have an error in my thinking?

thanks.

Re: Error Tag Usage

Posted by Manuel Martin <li...@martinnet.de>.
Hello,

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 14:36:33 -0600
Jeff_Mychasiw@nlgroup.ca wrote:
>      The output shows the single error for legalName but includes the header and
> footer.
>
>      Do I have an error in my thinking?

this is my observation, too. I think it would be great to be able to do
the following (just an example):

Dear Sir, Dear Lady,
I'm so sorry, but you're too dumb to fill in the form correctly. Here's
a list of your sins:
Try harder. :-)

Bye, MM
--