Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fred Welland <fw...@intelixinc.com> on 2003/03/30 16:59:46 UTC

iPlanet and Tomcat 4.1.24

I have dredge thru the archives and done a bunch of googling and can't quite seem to get all the needed pieces.

I want to: have iPlanet iWS 4.1 sp 9 on Solaris 8 forward JSP/Servlet requests to Tomcat 4.1.24.

I have seen the neshow page related to jk2, however it is very slanted to Win32.   Further more I can't find anysort of binaries (of SOs) for solaris anywhere.

I have tried building jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src.tar.gz to; however, I run into tons of compilation errors ane build snafus.   There is no reall good documentation for the build process.

Can I do this?  Am I missing something?   Is there another connector I should be using instead of JK2?

Why?
For various *organizational* reasons I need to front-end my J2EE work with an iPlanet WS, I have some latitued on the iWS rev (could go to 6 if needed), but
it would be difficult/impossible (organizationally not technically) to use Tomcat alone.

-Fred

OK I will come clean:
I have to use Netegrity's Siteminder  (4.56) for SSO services.  My organization is gun shy about useing Netegrity's J2EE AppServer agents (I don't know why, I think the reason is ignorance of ASA).  So I am stuck with
frontending all my J2EE work with iWS (even when I have on static content for iWS to serve).    Oh and Apache is not an option either.  So if you have another angle on cracking this nut, I am all ears?