Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> on 2003/01/03 04:41:08 UTC

cocoon and eclipse.

Happy new year 2003,

I am a user of eclipse. Recently I noted there was create some support for
Eclipse to compile Cocoon.

Can someone provide the project to build Cocoon using Eclipse?

Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: cocoon and eclipse.

Posted by Litrik De Roy <co...@litrik.com>.
From: "Litrik De Roy" <co...@litrik.com>

> From: "Sylvain Wallez" <sy...@anyware-tech.com>
>

> > Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> >
> > >Can someone provide the project to build Cocoon using Eclipse?
> > >

> > Read the instructions at
> > http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LoadInEclipse
> >
> > Sylvain
> >

> I still get one error during compilation:
>
> Error
> This resource is a duplicate and was not copied to the output folder
> package.html
> Cocoon 2.1-dev/src/blocks/samples/java/org/apache/cocoon/acting/modular
>
> I'm not sure what that means. I did a search on Google to try to find
> anything related to "resource is a duplicate" and Eclipse, but I didn't
find
> anything.
>
> Also interesting:
>
> Yesterday I used the built-in CVS client of Exclipse. And I was able to
> checkout Cocoon and compile it (except the above problem). However, I was
> not able to right click on the build.xml and run ant. I always got the
> following error message:
>
> Compiling 2 source files to D:\eclipse-2.0.2\workspace\Cocoon
> 2.1-dev\tools\anttasks
> Build exception: file:D:/eclipse-2.0.2/workspace/Cocoon
> 2.1-dev/build.xml:274: Unable to find a javac compiler;
> com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
> Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK
>
> But I am 100% sure that my JAVA_HOME is set correctlty.
>
> Now... today I used your instructions on the Wiki page. I checked out
Cocoon
> with my regular CVS client and then I created the project in Eclipse and
> pointed to the exisitng dir. And guess what.... everything compiles fine
AND
> I was able to right click on the build.xml and run an Ant against the
"build
> clean" target.
>
> Unfortunately I was only able to run Ant only once. Now it is giving me
the
> same erorr message like on my other (Eclipse's CVS checkout) project.
>
> Very strange....
>
> PS: I'm not sure if this is Cocoon or Eclipse. We might be going off-topic
> here....
>
> Litrik De Roy
> www.litrik.com

I did some additional testing and it looks like Ant ran once because there
were still class files in tools\anttasks as the result of my "build
eclipse-project" on the command line. After doing the "build clean" in
Eclipse they were deleted and they can not be recompiled, because of the
above error message about com.sun.tools.javac.Main.

So basically it all comes down to the fact that I can not get Exclipse to
compile anything when using the Ant build script....

<sigh>

Litrik De Roy
www.litrik.com

Re: cocoon and eclipse.

Posted by Litrik De Roy <co...@litrik.com>.
From: "Sylvain Wallez" <sy...@anyware-tech.com>

Re: cocoon and eclipse.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Thanks for the answer sylvain.

I think the imports cleanup can be done without problems. :-)

Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Sylvain Wallez dijo:

Re: cocoon and eclipse.

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Bernhard Huber wrote:

> hi,
> i'm about to checkin the 1.3 compileable mail sources.
>   may i check them in?

Sure, go for it :)

Giacomo

Re: cocoon and eclipse.

Posted by Bernhard Huber <be...@a1.net>.
hi,

RE: cocoon and eclipse.

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Giacomo Pati wrote:
> >
> > That's a lot!
> >
> > I've only had about ~180! Do you have deprecation turned on? Than that
> > will explain alot.
> >
> > BTW: Someone (IIRC Carsten) had committed Mail... classes that are
> > compiled against 1.4 version and don't compile unter 1.3.
> >
> No, don't thank me for Mail - I was only the first one spotting this
> and mailing the problem to the list.

Sorry, yes I figured it was Bernhard. We've (no he has) fixed it this
night :)

> If you have problems with compiling scratchpad, you can exclude if
> by setting the value of "cocoon.webapp.scratchpad.include" in the
> properties.xml to false.

I _don't_ want to exclude scratchpad. It's essential for me and for us to
have it compile (or be fixed ASAP).

Giacomo

RE: cocoon and eclipse.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> That's a lot!
>
> I've only had about ~180! Do you have deprecation turned on? Than that
> will explain alot.
>
> BTW: Someone (IIRC Carsten) had committed Mail... classes that are
> compiled against 1.4 version and don't compile unter 1.3.

No, don't thank me for Mail - I was only the first one spotting this
and mailing the problem to the list.

If you have problems with compiling scratchpad, you can exclude if
by setting the value of "cocoon.webapp.scratchpad.include" in the
properties.xml to false.

> I'll correct
> them now. But as advice! Use at minimum 1.3 (to be correct it should be
> 1.2 as stated on http://xml.apache.org/cocoon//installing/index.html)
> before committing.

+1

Carsten

Re: cocoon and eclipse.

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.

Re: cocoon and eclipse.

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.

Re: cocoon and eclipse.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Many Thanks. It works fine.

Now I have question about the 968 items in my task list about imposrt not
used and some deprecated methods.

I am using Java 1.4.1_01, I can make all the changes there are needed but
I dont want to be too out of the current CVS version. Is someone going to
repair this errors?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Sylvain Wallez dijo: