Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Saul Diaz <cr...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/10 00:36:56 UTC

taken from adobe forums

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2022923

 <https://forums.adobe.com/people/chris.campbell>

Correct Answer by chris.campbell
<https://forums.adobe.com/people/chris.campbell>  on Dec 2, 2015 6:52 PM

Hi eduardo12fox <https://forums.adobe.com/people/eduardo12fox> ,

Thanks for reaching out to us.  There were a few announcements with
yesterday's blog post.  The first, relating to Flash Professional CC being
renamed to Animate CC, we believe will help customers understand that this
tool is an animation tool, first and foremost.  For users of Flash Pro CC
over the last year and a half, it will come as no surprise that they have
been embracing an agnostic export approach.  Whether it's SWF, AIR, HTML5,
WebGL, etc, they can output to whatever solution works best for the
customer.  With this year's introduction of the export API's, anyone can
write an export plugin to output to their format of choice and still
leverage the tool's excellent animation capabilities.

For the Flash Runtime team (Flash Player and AIR), there has been no change
to our commitment to our end users and developers.  We will be continuing
our partnership and ongoing work with Microsoft and Google, and we're very
excited to work with Facebook.  This multi company collaboration will
continue to allow us to provide the most secure and stable runtime possible.
We have no plans on changing our release approach or our priorities to our
customers.  As we have for the last few years, we remain dedicated to
security, critical customer issues, compatibility, quality and providing the
feature sets that our developers require to be successful.  We have a
consistent cadence for releases (monthly scheduled releases, with four of
these adding new features) and an active beta program.  None of this
changes.

I hope this helps clarify the situation.  Please let me know if you have
additional questions.  As always, I can also be reached at
ccampbel@adobe.com <ma...@adobe.com> .

Thanks,

Chris

----

Saul Diaz

CTO

CallEvo Compliance and Calling Solutions

Direct: 720-988-8026

 <ma...@callevo.com> sdiaz@callevo.com

3773 Cherry Creek Drive North, Suite 575 Denver, CO 80209

800-478-1084

 <http://www.callevo.com/> www.callevo.com

"Innovation is a state of mind born from the need to succeed above the fear
of failure"

Re: taken from adobe forums

Posted by OK <OK...@edscha.com>.
Thanks for sharing!
It confirms that there's nothing wrong with still targeting AIR and Flash
;-)

Olaf