Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Udi Meiri <eh...@google.com> on 2019/07/16 00:13:04 UTC

[REQUEST] Python Tests (pre/post-commits) Status

Hi,
I've been trying to merge several Python PRs in the past weeks, but Jenkins
pre- and post-commit jobs have been red all this time due to various
reasons. I have a proposal in mind to help deal with this, but it can't
happen without cooperation from a majority of committers.

The request from Beam committers is to:
- Avoid merging when tests are red (the images in the PR template);
- Use common sense for exceptions to the above (such as if the PR has
nothing to do with a failing test);
- Act to make tests green (open a JIRA issue, find the PR with the
regression, rollback as necessary).

This stuff has already been discussed on this list and documented here:
https://beam.apache.org/contribute/postcommits-policies/
The idea is that if everyone pitches in it will spread the load.

Thanks for reading.

Re: [REQUEST] Python Tests (pre/post-commits) Status

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.
I just merged a PR for the website despite a bit of redness in the tests.
Somewhat happily, almost every cell of the PR matrix was green (yay!?). The
only red was https://builds.apache.org/job/beam_PostCommit_Python_VR_Spark/
which
appears to have been red for weeks, with
https://builds.apache.org/job/beam_PostCommit_Python_VR_Spark/252/ being
the last success, in late June.

Kenn

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.