Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Edmon Begoli <eb...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/28 19:54:23 UTC

Arrow format, Rust implementation

Two questions:

1) Has anyone shown interest to implement a support for Arrow in Rust?

2) Is there a complete and usable description of the Arrow format somewhere?
Is this it:
https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/master/format/Layout.md

Thank you,
Edmon

Re: Arrow format, Rust implementation

Posted by Micah Kornfield <em...@gmail.com>.
Answers inline.

On Sat, May 28, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Edmon Begoli <eb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Two questions:
>
> 1) Has anyone shown interest to implement a support for Arrow in Rust?

EMK> I don't remember seeing anything on the mailing list about anyone
working on a Rust version.

> 2) Is there a complete and usable description of the Arrow format somewhere?
> Is this it:
> https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/master/format/Layout.md

EMK> Yes Layoud.md is one part. [1] also describes the current format
for metadata using Google's Flatbuffers.   I think both might still
get some small revisions as we start doing integration testing between
Java/C++.  If you find issues with either of these please don't
hesitate to ask questions here.

[1] https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/master/format/Message.fbs