Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Darren Hall <dh...@utrs.com> on 2006/08/29 22:37:32 UTC

Struts 1.2.9 - build failed

I am attempting to build struts 1.2.9 and having issues. It seems to build
the main struts.jar fine, but fails later in the process when building
mailreader.

I guess I have two questions.

First, is there any value in building the struts-examples? Do they provide
any functionality to the framework?

Second, if I do want to build the examples, why is the environment not
keeping the struts.home property?

The struts.home property in the struts-1.2.9/src/struts-examples/mailreader
folder is not being set correctly (or being overwritten).

>>From the build.xml file, the struts home is set on line 36 as follows, where
the basedir is specified as "."

34>       <!-- Dependency home directory defaults -->

35>       <property name="server.home"      value="C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Tomcat 5.5"/>

36>       <property name="struts.home"      value="${basedir}/../../dist"/>

Later when the build process runs, the value of struts.home is echoed to the
command line.

The value that is displayed is "/../../"

I have tried manually overwriting the struts.home variable bu changing line
36 in the build.xml file to read

<property name="struts.home"      value="C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Struts-1.2.9/src/dist"/>

But when the build executes, I still see the value of struts.home displayed
as "/../../".

Has anyone run across this before, or does anyone have an idea why this
might be occurring?

(Of course, if I don't need the examples, ignore question 2.)

Thanks,

Darren

Re: Struts 1.2.9 - build failed

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
The 1.2.x nightly builds are running just fine.  I don't know how
you're kicking off Ant, but here's what the nightly script does:

$ ant download-dependencies nightly

--
James Mitchell
678.910.8017