Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by "Carr, Eric (Contractor)" <EC...@usmint.treas.gov> on 2002/12/13 14:32:46 UTC

torque feedback

Hello all,

We are using torque with MS Sql Server 2000.  We ran the release version of
torque 3.0 using a schema that we were using successfully with the b4 of the
product.  When compiling the resulting code, we got errors  We were able to
track the errors down to the following:

- when using a byte for a primary key, the objects.vm file had an extra ) in
it, giving a compilation error.
- When using a short or byte as a foreign key, a set is generated for the
ability to set the value based on an object. Using the template, it produces
the following code:
           if (v == null)
	        {
      	        setForeignKey(0);
	         }
Since the key is a short or byte, this would cause an error.  This also
occurs in the CopyInto method.

Here is the object.vm file that I used that fixed these issues.  I am not
that familiar with Velocity, so I imagine there is a better way to do the
fixes :-)

If you have any questions, or I am just doing something wrong, please let me
know. <<Object.vm>>

Thanks,

Eric Carr
United States Mint
Microsoft Certified Application Developer