Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Eric Berry <el...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/22 17:57:59 UTC

Open Collabnet account required?

Hello,
   Did I do something wrong, or is an OpenCollabnet account truly required
to download SVN now?

--
Learn from the past. Live in the present. Plan for the future.
11101000

Re: Open Collabnet account required?

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Eric Berry <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

>    Did I do something wrong, or is an OpenCollabnet account truly required
> to download SVN now?

CollabNet is just one of the groups that provides binaries for
Subversion.  If you want to download from us, we require registration.
 If you do not want to register, there are other places to download
Subversion.  The Subversion project itself does not provide binaries,
just the source.  There have been volunteers that produce binaries for
Windows that the Subversion project has allowed to be hosted at
tigris.org.  They do this because the Windows compilers used to not be
free.  Those binaries are still available.  They have never provided
binaries for any other OS.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard