Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2002/12/01 01:54:52 UTC

Re: forrest won't build the site

Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> jeff, i applied your patch and updated forrest from cvs head,
> but the build of the site fails utterly:
>
>   Setup... done.
>   Initializing... ready, let's go :-)
>    * [0]
>   -> [broken link] index.html <-
>
>   disposing... done.
>
> as usual, the error message stuffed into index.html is useless.
> it looks as though forrest isn't finding the source of the site
> at ./src/documentation/content/xdocs/ -- is this due to some
> recent change to forrest?  afaik, the site forrest.properties
> file hasn't changed, so why isn't it finding the xml files?

I have seen this confusing behaviour before too, both
with Forrest and Cocoon.

For the life of me i cannot remember how i fixed it
with Forrest. It was something obvious, like perhaps
cleaning the project's build directory
cd my-forrest-test/build; rm -r *

If anyone can repeat Ken's Forrest behaviour, then please
try this remedy.

--David