Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Garus <ga...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/24 10:54:59 UTC

JavaDoc for Event's subjectId methods

Hello, Igniters!

Some events contain the subjectId method, for example, TaskEvent#subjectId.
The JavaDoc for this method is:
"Gets security subject ID initiated this task event, if available.
This property is not available for GridEventType#EVT_TASK_SESSION_ATTR_SET
task event.
Subject ID will be set either to node ID or client ID initiated task
execution."

I think It's wrong. The main point is a subject id doesn't have any sense
if IgniteSecurity is disabled.
However, if IgniteSecurity is enabled, the method must return the subject
id from the current security context.
Thus, the description (and behavior) of the method should be the following:
Gets security subject ID initiated this task event if IgniteSecurity is
enabled, otherwise returns null.

The same is actual for CacheEvent, CacheQueryExecutedEvent and
CacheQueryReadEvent.

If there are no objections, I am going to create a relevant issue in Jira.

Re: JavaDoc for Event's subjectId methods

Posted by Denis Garus <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Maksim!

I think that the description should look like:
"Gets security subject ID initiated this task event if IgniteSecurity is
enabled, otherwise returns null.
This property is not available for GridEventType#EVT_TASK_SESSION_ATTR_SET
task event."

Please pay close attention that described behavior is confirmed by tests.

Posted by Maksim Stepachev <ma...@gmail.com>.
Denis,

Posted by Denis Garus <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hello!