Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Bohdan Hliva <Bo...@epam.com.INVALID> on 2019/02/22 12:18:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache DLab (incubating) 2.1

Hello Incubator Community,

The Apache DLab community has voted on and approved a proposal to release Apache DLab (incubating) version 2.1.

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote in this release.

DLab is a platform for creating self-service, exploratory data science environments in the cloud using best-of-breed data science tools.
DLab includes a self-service web console, used to create and manage exploratory environments. It allows teams to spin up analytical environments with just a single click of a mouse.
Once established, the environment can be managed by an analytical team itself, leveraging simple and easy-to-use web-based interface.

DLab community vote thread:
• https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/da95316ee7be7ee3ebfcb824cb27c8fc8bdba31d116f5a180f8358ba@%3Cdev.dlab.apache.org%3E

Vote result thread:
• https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/2adb88790037bef3cce513c6e28db8b2e75749de78856aef4f3568a8@%3Cdev.dlab.apache.org%3E

The release candidate:
• https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dlab/2.1/

Git tag for the release:
• https://github.com/apache/incubator-dlab/releases/tag/2.1

Release notes:
• https://github.com/apache/incubator-dlab/releases/tag/2.1

The artifacts signed with PGP key 5C3C66D1, corresponding to bhliva@apache.org<ma...@apache.org>, that can be found in keys file:

  *   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dlab/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
The Apache DLab (Incubating) Team

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DLab (incubating) 2.1

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
-1 (binding)

The license header for the files are wrong.

It contains extra copyright info:  Copyright (c) 2017, EPAM SYSTEMS INC

Please follow the guidelines for the header here:
https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

Thanks,

Henry

Re: Mentor review of releases was: [VOTE] Release Apache DLab (incubating) 2.1

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
I agree, this will be good learning experience for the podling PPMC.

Thanks Craig.

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
I think this is a good opportunity for me to suggest:

As part of mentorship, review of releases is a requirement.

This vote passed in the podling with zero votes from mentors.

There is no evidence that I could find in the podling vote thread that anyone actually reviewed the release artifacts. The only comments that I could find were:

+1

I really do not want to be confrontational or call out this specific podling's mentors. But it's not the first time that significant issues were found after the podling dev vote.

Craig

> On Feb 27, 2019, at 9:31 AM, Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Jason. Will work with team to help follow up with the release
> artifacts
>
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 1:52 AM Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Thanks a lot for pointing us to issues we have currently.
>>
>> If you need a hand with anything or have any questions just ask.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Justin

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DLab (incubating) 2.1

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Bohdan Hliva <Bo...@epam.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

Thanks a lot for pointing us to issues we have currently.

Will fix it asap.