Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Bruce Perryman <bp...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/25 00:10:37 UTC

No attribute named "create-use-case" is associated with the configuration element "user-type"

Clicking on my first publication (tutorial) yields the following:

No attribute named "create-use-case" is associated with the configuration element "user-type" at file:/C:/apache-tomcat-5.5.23/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/iPraze/config/access-control/access-control.xml:8:60

attached is the xml

thanks.

---------------------------------

Re: No attribute named "create-use-case" is associated with the configuration element "user-type"

Posted by Bruce Perryman <bp...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for your response and suggestion. Applying the change to the xml yields the following:

URI has an authority component
org.apache.lenya.ac.AccessControlException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has an authority component
cause: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has an authority component
Please advise. Bear in mind also that I still do not have any rml files in my publication.

I don't mind at all assisting in the testing. I hope that this will result in a stable product and a knowledge gain for me in the use of this product. I will, by the way, be using both linux and xp environments with tomcat.

Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org> wrote: Bruce Perryman wrote:
> Clicking on my first publication (tutorial) yields the following:
>
> No attribute named "create-use-case" is associated with the
> configuration element "user-type" at
> file:/C:/apache-tomcat-5.5.23/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/iPraze/config/access-control/access-control.xml:8:60

woops. another publication instantiator bug - thanks for spotting,
should be trivial to fix.

to get you up and running, please change your access-control.xml to read

      class="org.apache.lenya.ac.file.FileUser"
      create-use-case="admin.addUser">Local User

iirc, andreas recently fixed the create-use-case attribute (it was
silently ignored before), and apparently the publication instantiator
was not updated... i'll try to hit this one on sunday if no one beats me
to it.

thanks bruce for your testing efforts, and sorry for the hassle you are
encountering. your testing is especially valuable for us since you are
using tomcat (most people test with the built-in jetty) under windows
(most devs i'm aware of use linux or osx). hope you enjoy lenya despite
its little quirks!

regards,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

   - Ken Thompson.

---------------------------------

Re: No attribute named "create-use-case" is associated with the configuration element "user-type"

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org>.
Bruce Perryman wrote:
> Clicking on my first publication (tutorial) yields the following:
>
> No attribute named "create-use-case" is associated with the
> configuration element "user-type" at
> file:/C:/apache-tomcat-5.5.23/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/iPraze/config/access-control/access-control.xml:8:60

woops. another publication instantiator bug - thanks for spotting,
should be trivial to fix.

to get you up and running, please change your access-control.xml to read
<user-manager>
   <user-type
      class="org.apache.lenya.ac.file.FileUser"
      create-use-case="admin.addUser">Local User</user-type>
</user-manager>