Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Rick <cr...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/13 13:14:24 UTC

Some inconsistencies in web based samples

Hello,
Looking at a few of the web based samples I've noticed difference in
where SCA artifacts are located Some are using the default value which
results in the SCA application SCDL to be found in WEB-INF/default.scdl
and extension SCDL to be found in WEB-INF/tuscany/extensions

Some samples are using context-param in the web.xml to override the
location to find the application SCDL in META-INF/sca/default.scdl. And
do the same to specify system SCDL  using META-INF/tuscany and includes
in the system SCDL to specify the extension SCDL in the same directory.

I'm sitting on the fence on where they are located and think I can be
swayed either way. But I do feel these samples should be consistent, use
locations where we think these artifacts should be located, and there
shouldn't be a need to explicitly set context-param values in web.xml to
obtain that behavior.

Re: Some inconsistencies in web based samples

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.