Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/16 18:03:15 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-249: Add Delegation Token Operations to Kafka Admin Client

Hi all,

I have created a KIP to add delegation token operations to Java Admin
Client.
This KIP proposes new API additions to admin client. There are no new wire
protocol changes.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-249%3A+Add+Delegation+Token+Operations+to+KafkaAdminClient

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Manikumar

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-249: Add Delegation Token Operations to Kafka Admin Client

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Looks like DelegationTokenOwnerMismatchException would be thrown if token
expiration is issued by non-owner.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

We want to include this KIP in the upcoming 1.1.0 release.
Please let me know if there are any other comments.

If there are no more comments, I'd like to start vote on this KIP.

Thanks,

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Jun,

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted,

Thanks for the review.

1.  default value for maxLifeTimeMs is -1. with this,  token MaxLifeTime
will default to a server side
 config value (delegation.token.max.lifetime.ms).  Added a comment to the
KIP.

2. Yes, DelegationTokenOwnerMismatchException will be thrown, updated the

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Hi, Mani,