Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2002/09/20 00:29:38 UTC

Re[2]: Context path

Hello rsequeira,

I think you are mistaking getServletContext with getRealPath("/").
The servlet context object is too important to *ever* return null.  It
is only file system operations that will not work when the context is
deployed in a .war file.

Jake

rtc> Place an environment entry in the web.xml. This way you can access this
rtc> parameter anywhere, anytime. Don't depend on getContext or
rtc> getServletContext methods. If you had a war file, a getServletContext
rtc> returns null.

rtc> RS

rtc>                       "Andreas Probst"
rtc>                       <email@andreaspro        To:       Tomcat Users List
rtc>                       bst.de>                   <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
rtc>                                                cc:
rtc>                       09/19/02 07:23 AM        Subject:  Context path
rtc>                       Please respond to
rtc>                       "Tomcat Users
rtc>                       List"

rtc> Hi all,

rtc> I need to know the context path of my web app. If I have a

rtc> HttpServletRequest req, I can get
rtc> String contextPath = req.getContextPath();

rtc> Now, what can I do within init()? I havn't got a
rtc> HttpServletRequest there. How do I get the context path?

rtc> Thanks in advance.

rtc> Andreas

rtc> --
rtc> To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <