Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by re...@therockmere.com on 2004/08/19 19:55:53 UTC

publish to root directory

I am able to build my forrest and I will say I think the interfacing is
Slick, but...
How can I set my propagation of a site to the Root of my website instead
of ../mydomain.com/build/site/index.html
So that updates port directly to a live site.

thanks,

Brad

Also, where is skin-dev? I am interested in modding a skin

Re: Skin 'em

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Dave Brondsema wrote:

> redwire@therockmere.com wrote:
>> Dave;
>> I understand that creating a new skin is complex.
>> I am looking for the color attributes and the link color attributes to
>> mod
>> the COLOR of the crust skin.
>>
>> TIA...Brad
>
> Do a 'forrest seed' and look at skinconf.xml.  There are some examples
> of setting CSS values; it looks like some but not all the link colors
> are controllable there.  This is in 0.6-dev from SVN, btw.

Yes, there is a colors section. All colors should be controllable there,
and there are three basic color profiles to choose from.

NOTE: If some _/h/v/link or lighter/darker values are missing they will
be generated automatically by Forrest, see the existing color profiles
as examples.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Skin 'em

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
redwire@therockmere.com wrote:
>>>Also, where is skin-dev? I am interested in modding a skin
>>>

>>It is somewhat complicated to develop a skin.  We hope to make a few skins
>>that are highly configurable with skinconf.xml.  What exactly do you want
>>to do?
>>
>>--
>>Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
>>http://www.brondsema.net : personal
>>http://www.splike.com : programming
>>http://csx.calvin.edu : student org
>>

> Dave;
> I understand that creating a new skin is complex.
> I am looking for the color attributes and the link color attributes to mod
> the COLOR of the crust skin.
>
> TIA...Brad

Do a 'forrest seed' and look at skinconf.xml.  There are some examples
of setting CSS values; it looks like some but not all the link colors
are controllable there.  This is in 0.6-dev from SVN, btw.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming
http://csx.calvin.edu : student org